Human Resources - Sheriff
The Human Resources Section manages the functions of recruitment and selection for new hires, transfers, and promotions for all personnel, sworn (commissioned) and non-sworn (civilian).
Applicants must apply online for each position they wish to be considered. Only those applicants that have successfully completed their applications will be considered for the position. Due to the nature of law enforcement, extensive pre-employment testing, pre-employment background checks and post-offer testing is completed in consideration for any position with the Arapahoe Sheriff’s Office. Applicants will complete the following steps and should anticipate a 2-3 month timeframe from position closing date:
- Written Exam and/or Position Specific Testing
- Phase I Suitability Evaluation
- Oral Board/Panel Interview
- Extensive Background Investigation
- Phase II Psychological Evaluation
- Medical Exam
- Drug Test
Disqualifiers for Employment
- Current and recent use of non-prescribed or illegal drugs. Applicants who have recent illegal drug usage will be disqualified. Recent drug use includes marijuana within 1 year of application, and all other illegal drug use within the past 5 years. All other illegal drug use will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Any felony conviction.
- Police history - type, frequency and nature of contacts.
- Driving Record.
- Outside activities which may be deemed a conflict of interest.
- Revelation of assaultive behavior.
- Documented record of prior work performance.
- Unsuccessful completion of any basic requirement.
- Inability to perform the essential functions of the position.