Application Process and Forms
Land Development Application Process and Forms
This page provides a number of useful documents related to our land development process.
Most applications require a presubmittal with County staff. If you're planning to develop vacant ground, make changes to an existing site, or are requesting a rezoning, this is the place to start. We do not accept new land development applications without a presubmittal or, in some cases, a presubmittal waiver. If you are unsure about anything, please contact us with questions.
- Presubmittal Application Packet - This packet includes a checklist with instructions, an application form, a sample submittal letter, and sample plans.
You can find general submittal requirements for different application types here. Though we provide these as a courtesy, please keep in mind that presubmittal meetings are required for new applications. Your planner and engineer will provide specific requirements for your application during a presubmittal meeting.
- Administrative Application Submittal Requirements – Many applications can be approved administratively. This document provides general submittal requirements for those applications.
- Administrative Oil and Gas Use by Special Review Submittal Requirements – If an oil and gas operator has signed the Arapahoe County Memorandum of Understanding, they might be eligible for an administrative permitting process. This form provides the submittal requirements.
- Major Application Submittal Requirements – This document provides general submittal requirements for applications that have public hearings.
- Commercial Mobile Radio Service (Cellular Towers/Facilities) Submittal Requirements – This packet provides an overview of additional information required for cellular towers/antennas/facilities.
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment Submittal Requirements – Individuals may request amendments to our Comprehensive Plan. If you have questions about this process, please contact Julio Iturreria, Long Range Planning Manager.
- Technical Amendment Submittal Requirements – Technical Amendments can be approved for minor site plan changes. Planning staff can help you determine if you qualify for this type of application.
Many applications require supplemental information such as letters authorizing somebody to make an application on behalf of a property owner. You can download miscellaneous forms if you need them for your project.
- Land Development Application – Use this application for most land development cases.
- Administrative Process Request – This form is used to request administrative review for certain application types such as amendments and administrative plats.
- Sample Letter of Authorization – Our applications require property owner permission and this letter grants that permission.
- Sample Letter of Intent – This is a template you can use for your project narrative.
- Waiver Request Form – You can use this form if you are requesting a waiver to planning design requirements or presubmittal meeting requirements. Please note that engineering variances and waivers use a different process – see Section 3.2 of our Infrastructure Design and Construction Standards manual for more information
- Petition to Vacate Easement
- Petition to Vacate Right-of-Way
- Mylar Routing Form – Use this form when you submit mylars for review
- Public Notices – Planning staff will provide you with public notice forms specific to your project and its public hearing schedule. If you need a blank form for any reason, you can find it here:
- Sign Posting Form A
- Sign Posting Form B
- Public Notice Mailing Instructions