Public Works and Development
Public Works and Development is responsible for the following services within the unincorporated areas of Arapahoe County:
- Animal Control: Dog licensing, pet regulations and complaint resolution, animal welfare
- Building: Building code enforcement, plan review, permits and inspections, certificates of occupancy
- Engineering Services: Public infrastructure review related to land development, floodplain and stormwater regulation, engineering-related permits
- License, Permits, and Approvals: Specific information on these can be found here.
- Mapping and GIS: Provides mapping and Geographic Information Systems(GIS) support to Public Works and Development and printed and on-line maps and geographically linked data to the public
- Oil and Gas: County land use and engineering permit applications for oil and gas exploration and production facilities; Local Government Designee monitors drilling and production permit applications to the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC)
- Planning and Land Development: Land development review, land use planning, zoning compliance, animal control, noxious weeds
- Public Notices: related to Public Works and Development projects.
- Records: Under guidance of the Colorado Open Records Act, we provide public records related to zoning, land development, building permits, engineering permits and documents produced by the Public Works and Development Department
- Road and Bridge: Maintains and improves roads and bridges and provides snow removal, street sweeping, pothole repair, street marking and traffic sign repair, curb and gutter repair and right-of-way maintenance
- Transportation: Transportation Planning and Corridor Studies, design and construction management of Capital Roadway and Bridge infrastructure projects, inter-jurisdictional coordination of regional roadway network improvements and maintenance and traffic operations including signalization
- Weed Control: Arapahoe County is committed to limiting the impact of noxious weeds on the county
- Zoning: Land Development Code regulations enforcement and weed ordinance enforcement