Child and Adult Protection Services
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR FOOD ASSISTANCE RECIPIENTS: February SNAP benefits may be issued early. Make them last.
Report Abuse and Neglect to 303-636-1750
If you believe a child or vulnerable adult is in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1. If you have concerns that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused or neglected but is not in immediate danger, please call our 24/7 hotline at 303-636-1750. Your report is anonymous and confidential.
Services for Children and Families
Arapahoe County’s Department of Human Services offers financial assistance and a wide variety of services to support children and families in our community.
We incorporate the 2Gen approach with each family which addresses the needs of children and their parents together and the needs of vulnerable adults and their caregivers together to ensure that they are on set on a path to permanent economic security. Learn more about the Two-Generation approach.
- Child protection responds to concerns about child abuse and neglect, and provides services to families to help strengthen parenting and resolve concerns for children’s safety and well-being.
- Adult Protection responds to concerns about abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults and provides services to assure safety and well-being and supports to their caregivers.
- The Collaborative Foster Care Program recruits, trains and supports foster families who provide temporary care for children while biological parents work to address safety concerns
- The Adoption Program finds ‘forever families’ to adopt our waiting children who cannot be reunified with their parents due to unresolved safety concerns
- Adolescent/Youth in Conflict services serves families and teens when the youth face serious conflicts and behavioral concerns.
- Child support services works to ensure that children receive the financial and medical support that they need and deserve from both parents.
- Classes and Workshops are free resources and programs for clients receiving services from Arapahoe County Human Services.
- Food, financial and medical benefits for parents and children, which can include the following benefits:
- Child Care Assistance
- Child Health Plan Plus
- Colorado Works
- Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid program)
- Food Assistance
- General Assistance
- Heat / Energy Assistance
- Military Family Assistance