Major Planning Cases
Current Land Development Cases
Arapahoe County's Planning Cases map displays all land development cases actively under review in unincorporated Arapahoe County.
Land Development Code Update
Arapahoe County is updating its land development code to improve our process and offer alternatives to Planned Unit Development zoning. Please visit our Land Development Code Update page for more information about the project, including the approved Planned Unit Development regulations.
Avere on the High Line (Case P17-018)
This project is located at 1860-1890 S Quebec Way, just north of the Quebec Way trailhead and adjacent to the High Line Canal. The applicant proposes a Planned Unit Development zoning to allow 56 townhome units on 4.12 acres, for a density of 13.59 dwellings per acre. The Planning Commission public hearing is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on September 25, 2018. The hearing will be in the Arapahoe Room at 6954 S Lima Street, Centennial, CO 80112.
- Letter of Intent - Applicant's description of the project.
- Specific Development Plan - This document proposes the zoning and shows the general site layout/building designs.
Conoco Swan Well Site
The proposed Swan well site is located northwest of the intersection of E 6th Avenue and N Imboden Road, within the future Prosper development. ConocoPhillips is proposing one well and four 500 BBL low-profile tanks, along with other supporting equipment. If you have any questions, you may contact Diane Kocis, Arapahoe County Energy Specialist.
- Public Hearing Update - The Director of Public Works and Development referred this case to a public hearing with the Board of County Commissioners. The Board of County Commissioners approved the application with 16 conditions of approval on August 28, 2018. You can public hearing materials, including the Arapahoe County staff report and supplemental documents using the links below:
- Board of County Commissioners Conditions - The approval motion includes the 16 conditions of approval adopted by the Board
- ConocoPhillips Presentation - This is the PowerPoint Conoco presented at the public hearing
- Board Summary Report - Staff report and recommended conditions of approval
- Swan Application - Application materials, responses to review comments, proposed site layout, and noise study
- Referral Comments - Letters from outside reviewers
- Public Comment - Emails and letters received regarding this project; updated August 20, 2018
- Attachments to Public Comment Emails - Attachments not included in "Public Comment" above
- Watkins Farm HOA Comments - Comments from the Watkins Farm HOA, received August 27, 2018
- Additional Emails - emails received after the August 20, 2018 update
- June 2018 Swan Plan Submittal - This is the most recently submitted set of plans for the site
- Swan Well Questions and Responses - This document compiles responses to community questions we received at the April 4, 2018 open house and after the open house
- ConocoPhillips Alternative Site Analysis Response - This document provides the applicant's response to Arapahoe County's request for an alternative site analysis
- ConocoPhillips Letter Regarding Blowout Prevention Measures
- ConocoPhillips Niobrara Emergency Response Plan - This documents Conoco's plans for an emergency at any of their wells
- Swan Noise Modeling Report - This report models noise impacts from drilling and recommended noise mitigation measures
- Swan Roads Exhibit - This drawing shows the Swan site in relation to existing streets, future streets in Prosper, and the proposed Emergency Access Road
- CDPHE Letter Regarding the Swan Proposal
- Bennett-Watkins Fire Rescue Letter to CDPHE - This letter responds to CDPHE comments regarding public safety
- Fire District Will Serve Letter
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife Response - CPW indicated they had no biological concerns regarding the proposal
- Colorado Department of Health & Environment Public Health Assessment Executive Summary - This 2017 document provides an overview of CDPHE's assessment of potential public health effects from oil and gas operations.
Arapahoe County is currently reviewing a number of cases related to the Prosper development located south of Interstate 70 and N Watkins Road. These cases will eventually have public hearings and we will post the dates as soon as we know them.
The County approved the initial zoning - the Prosper Preliminary Development Plan (PDP) - in early 2015. When fully developed, the Prosper development will cover 5,130 acres (8 square miles) and will include up to 9,000 housing units and 8 million square feet of commercial/office/industrial uses. If you'd like to review the entire Prosper PDP you can download the very large PDP (180 MB) here. You may also download the much smaller Prosper land use plan for an overview of the project.
Initial phases of the Prosper development will rely on Denver Basin aquifer ground water. However, the development will eventually use a combination of renewable surface water, reclaimed wastewater, and lawn irrigation return flow. Per the Prosper water supply plan (70 MB file), when fully developed, 73% of the water in Prosper will be from those renewable sources.
Prosper Water Treatment Plant - The County is currently reviewing a permit for Prosper's initial water treatment plant. This Location & Extent document shows where it's located and what it will look like. The Board of County Commissioners approved the plant on June 27, 2017.
Prosper Preliminary Plat and Final Development Plan - This is the first phase of the project, located east of N Watkins Road. The Final Development Plan includes 977 single-family homes on 754 acres of land. The Final Development Plan includes proposed landscaping and design standards for the potential homes. The preliminary plat shows more detail on the lot layouts. The applicant's letter of intent offers a general overview of the project. The Board of County Commissioners approved both of these items on August 15, 2017.